TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: stock downpipe?  (Read 4979 times)

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
stock downpipe?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »

i did mine the same way as josh and ran the car for two years like that with no problems...

the wheels on the little ihi turbos have marks on the backside where they were balanced..
there not balanced on the turbo...
if they were, how did they put the marks on the backside of the wheel from balancing???

if you clip a wheel, or do any other mods to the wheel, then the wheel needs to be rebalanced
the turbo dosent get balanced.. how do you balance a shaft running on journal bearings that fill with oil??
there not ball bearing turbos.. there tolerances are surprisingly loose.. but the wheels are balanced way before there put on the turbo...

ive put this one on that, and that one on this, and ive never had an issue...
        Joe...

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
stock downpipe?
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »

i did mine the same way as josh and ran the car for two years like that with no problems...

the wheels on the little ihi turbos have marks on the backside where they were balanced..
there not balanced on the turbo...
if they were, how did they put the marks on the backside of the wheel from balancing???

if you clip a wheel, or do any other mods to the wheel, then the wheel needs to be rebalanced
the turbo dosent get balanced.. how do you balance a shaft running on journal bearings that fill with oil??
there not ball bearing turbos.. there tolerances are surprisingly loose.. but the wheels are balanced way before there put on the turbo...

ive put this one on that, and that one on this, and ive never had an issue...
        Joe...

220hp@18psi

sterling94capri

stock downpipe?
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »

Thanks Joe. But since my VJ 14 ended life in a 5 block several quarts of oil suicide I will need to send it out. I did hear some ticking from the turbo. If it cant be rebuilt I will need to get a good used one from Russ and try that way.But at least I am on my way to a hybrid.Rocky

Hollis

stock downpipe?
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »

So randomly today I took my car out. I needed to go somewere and it was a must to use the car. After driving about 30 mins. The car started to get power back. My friend seems to think since its a non interference that its timing slipped all the way around?

Not to sure but it doesn't miss as much. Turbo spools up again. I'm so lost this car is possessed.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
stock downpipe?
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 05:41:00 AM »

if any one part of the belt system slips by more than like 2 notches on the belt the engine just won't run, so that's not the case. Have you checked the crank pulley at idle?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Hollis

stock downpipe?
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »

Yeah it wiggles a little   :(
Maybe my eyes. But it deff has a small wobble...
I can see my hope of it being alright go down the drain..
Pages: 1 [2]