TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: clutch pictures  (Read 3129 times)

ilarson007

clutch pictures
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »

Anyone have any pics of an assembled clutch from above it (i.e., you put it on the table and took a picture from above)?  I'm looking to make a logo in Photoshop (so it needs to be fairly high res) and I can't find any top down large pics of clutches.  Plenty of off to the side and small ones, but not what I need.  If anyone has an aftermarket one (i.e. colored pressure plate), then that would be a good thing too (like the yellow act, purple exedy, or blue spec ones).  Thanks

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
clutch pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »

I might have some on my PC here I'll try to look for tomorrow. If not I have a brand new ACT clutch I can take pics of
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

ilarson007

clutch pictures
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »

I think I may have found one I can use, but haven't tried yet.

ilarson007

clutch pictures
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »

I might have to hit you up on taking a picture of that ACT.  I found some on the internet, but they are all JPEGs, and I need a non-compressed file (clearer when zooming in and easier to get crisp lines in PS).  If you have a camera that puts them into an uncompressed format, then go ahead and take a pic from above.  And if you are going to do that, try to get as straight in line as possible.

Thanks.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
clutch pictures
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »

not sure if my camera can save in RAW but I'll see what settings I can play with. At the very least I can try to toss it on a high contrast background and get you a full res pic

EDIT: would just the pressure plate work?

[ January 14, 2008, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Rocketman ]
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

ilarson007

clutch pictures
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »

Yes, the pressure plate is really what I'm looking for (as long as that is the yellow part in an ACT clutch, or the blue part in Spec clutches, lol).