TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:39:23 AM 
Started by WashiestSnake - Last post by WashiestSnake
I still have my Capri, a multitude of things ended up happening that stopped the build.

1. Russ Carlson scammed me out of 2k for a 1986 Mazda GTX he had, I paid him money for the car aswell as for delivery, back in 2018, over the years his schedule nor mine lined up, but I never ended up getting the car I paid for(when i went to ask for a refund he had already stopped selling Capri parts and was working a normal job). I worked many hours overtime saving to buy the car for this project. That really put this project in a bad spot as I needed those parts for the end goal, as the car he had, had rust but the components I needed were still there.

2. My Capri breaks down too much, about every 3 months of driving something catastrophic and expensive in nature happened to this car, as out of 11 owners prior, all had this car for a summer at most and then sold it leaving no maintenance done, so my suspension is shot, all rubber parts needed replaced, aswell as needing both new axles.

3. I had a fallout with a close friend who helped me on this project of restoring my car. Me and him put the new Carpet in the car but never finished the install, to be honest it was a botched job and it needs to be redone, aswell as I need to get new trim for the interior. If I do it again I'll be doing it professionally.

4. I bought a 2014 Focus ST. I got fed up of driving a car that was in disrepair and undriveable more then it was working. The Capri was and still is a massive money pit. I've had my Focus since 2021 and even with it having 125k miles, I've yet to have a single break down and I drive it quite a bit sometimes driving 100 miles a day or more. I honestly enjoy the car much better, it's how I want the Capri to get one day honestly, it's a very fun and quick car, with excellent handling.

4. The Capris tags went expired and my HOA forced me to put it at a storage facility otherwise they were gonna tow it. The Capri needs all 4 tires, but honestly as I don't drive it at all since the interior is completely out besides the driver seat, I decided it's best to just keep it in storage until I get a loan to get it rebuilt professionally. I now work 60 hours a week, 6 days so I don't have the time I did when I was younger to do this sort of work.

The amount of cool posts I've seen on Facebook and on here of people restoring there cars really inspires me, It's honestly why I haven't scrapped my car, nor part it out, as I have many new parts waiting for the car to be redone, and I know when I'm complete the vision will be something I'm proud of. Hopefully in the next year to two I can get the Focus paid off and then come back here more often.

on: April 21, 2024, 07:35:38 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by greywolf27030
Glad to hear it's going well for you. I lucked up on some MB SLK seats. They are power and heavy, but very comfortable and hold you in place for vigorous driving. I removed the MB tracks, installed a tubing spacer and Capri tracks.

on: April 21, 2024, 05:54:03 AM 
Started by EShepherd - Last post by EShepherd
Last time I posted in this thread was 7 months ago, and I was still going on about seats back then. Well I finally got around to pulling the passenger seat out of my car - it's been giving me issues. The back likes to collapse, and the forward/rearward adjustment won't lock into place. Makes for an interesting ride for my wife.

Me being me, I then pulled the entire seat apart. Couldn't help myself lol. I'm pretty confident I could fix the adjusters if I wanted to...but holy crap is this thing gross guys. I dunno if it's the foam breaking down, or the wires and frame rusting, or the skin or dirt trapped in it, but there's SO MUCH red/brown dirt inside of this thing. Most of the hog rings disintegrated when I touched them, and the wire base is also falling apart.

I'll probably still waste my time trying to restore this seat, but now I'm also very much in the market for a pair of seats. I'm open to ideas.

Oh also, I've put 180 miles on the car now since the rebuild. Few hundred more and I can finally open her up all the way  ;D

on: April 11, 2024, 02:45:41 PM 
Started by McClain - Last post by McClain
For some odd reason it didn't work for a few weeks then last night i went to try it again and it just worked great, i have no idea what changed but I'm not gonna try and find out and end up breaking it again.

on: March 30, 2024, 10:43:17 AM 
Started by McClain - Last post by greywolf27030
Maybe a bad switch?

on: March 29, 2024, 06:50:26 PM 
Started by quelfboy99 - Last post by McClain
Just did my clutch and had to do a new slave cylinder. Best to drop the cross bar at the bottom for best access because I tried to do it with it in and it was very hard. Also if make sure you correctly bleed the slave cylinder because it caused me a lot of trouble to get it right, best bet is to compress it with a c clamp and then attach the hose with fluid in it or it will fill with air at the end of the slave cylinder and won’t bleed out but also won’t give you enough pressure to move the clutch. That’s my two cents on it though!

on: March 29, 2024, 06:46:19 PM 
Started by McClain - Last post by McClain
I have a 91 NA capri with 50,000 miles, sadly hit that today, recently my turn signal switch was very floppy and not stay up, it got very annoying after a while so I bought a new turn signal column, after putting it in everything works perfectly except for my brights, when I start to pull the turn signal back the brights turn on but when I pull it all the way back and click it into place, it turns all the lights off, and if I wait it will put the headlights off, all the plugs and everything are the same as the old one. It also fits perfectly but I can figure out why it isn’t working, it turns the brights on but when I go to make them stay on it turns the lights off, I am at a loss for what it could be, I have check the interior fuse box and the main engine box, but I feel like I am missing something, any help is much appreciated! Love this site so much!!

on: March 29, 2024, 03:14:09 AM 
Started by CapriManxr2 - Last post by Rocketman
The rubber hose into the barbed fitting on the block goes into the water jacket, it is the coolant source.
The coolant return is the steel coolant bypass pipe that wraps around the block above the exhaust manifold directly between the water pump inlet and the heater core
The Banjo bolt on the block to the steel hard line is the oil source, drain is into the oil pan

on: March 26, 2024, 10:51:38 AM 
Started by Blobfish - Last post by Blobfish
I'll have to dig through my storage unit next time I'm there, but I'm like 78% sure I have one of each side in OEM red.

Nice!  8)

Which side?

Left

on: March 26, 2024, 06:26:23 AM 
Started by Blobfish - Last post by EShepherd
Hi

I'm looking for a replacement aluminum lid that goes on the headlight motor as I've lost one of them.
Let me know how much you want for it if you have one and postage to California.

Which side? I'm pretty sure they are shaped differently. I'll have to dig through my storage unit next time I'm there, but I'm like 78% sure I have one of each side in OEM red.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10