TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Turbo oil/coolant lines  (Read 354 times)

CapriManxr2

• 1991 Capri XR2
Turbo oil/coolant lines
« on: March 15, 2024, 05:32:53 PM »

So I’m on the last steps of rebuilding my motor and I’m stuck on son of the lines coming off the turbo. I circled all the ones I’m stuck on. Does anyone have a diagram/picture of a completed oil/coolant line assembly?

CapriManxr2

• 1991 Capri XR2
Re: Turbo oil/coolant lines
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 05:36:37 PM »

I’m mostly confused by the lines that are on the cold side of the turbo. Theres the line that goes above the air inlet that I’m most confused by because I can’t figure out where it goes. And then there’s the line that runs under the air inlet that I’m not too sure if I hooked it up right. I tried checking techcapri.com but it seems to be down sadly.

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 05:56:45 PM »

The issue is in the bottom of picture #2. Can't use crinkle cut fries on the Capri, they've gotta be waffle fries.

Sorry I had to. So the oil drain line in that picture is definitely correct. The first picture looks right, but my short term memory is awful so let me go look at my car and get back to you on that. Same with the third one. I believe those are coolant feed/return for the turbo.

Edit - Put a hose clamp on the block side of that oil drain line. You really, really don't want that to vibrate off while driving.

Double edit - It all looks right to me, just attach the line in the 3rd pic and get some hose clamps
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 06:14:19 PM by EShepherd »

CapriManxr2

• 1991 Capri XR2
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 07:10:49 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation, and I’ll order waffle fries next time. I still don’t know where the line goes for the disconnected hose in the 3rd pic, do you know where it goes?

Edit: it just doesn’t seem right because I have 3 oil lines and one coolant line? I have the two oil lines in the first picture that go straight to the block, one is a metal line with the banjo nut and the other is a rubber hose. The third oil line is the line that goes directly into the oil pan in the second picture. So I have three oil lines and one coolant line?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 11:07:17 AM by CapriManxr2 »

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 03:14:09 AM »

The rubber hose into the barbed fitting on the block goes into the water jacket, it is the coolant source.
The coolant return is the steel coolant bypass pipe that wraps around the block above the exhaust manifold directly between the water pump inlet and the heater core
The Banjo bolt on the block to the steel hard line is the oil source, drain is into the oil pan
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"