TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Fiberglass Tonneau Cover is $$$?  (Read 4439 times)

CapriProject

Fiberglass Tonneau Cover is $$$?
« on: November 11, 2010, 06:04:00 PM »

Just curious how much those hard tonneau covers are & where you get them.  They look great but I'm sure they are not 'cheap'.

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »

Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

CapriProject

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 03:44:00 AM »

295 + frt. (& paint of course) Thanks for link.

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:21:00 AM »

Freight is $108, wherever you live in the US.  My opinion?  NOT worth it! You're better off finding one used somewhere.  Every experience I have with them is negative. Every one I've dealt with
is warped - every one, no exception. IMO, they are not worth anything near what the company charges for them - $403 shipped. Half that, maybe.

I have had 8-10 of these in my hands at one time or another, as well as seeing another 15ish at various Capri meets - all have the same issue. Don't forget, you're still going to have to spend $100 +/-  to have it painted, and $500+ for a warped product is just to rich for me.

My 2 cents.
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

CapriProject

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »

Wow... very good points there.  Up north there they may show-up used for sale but down here in the Dallas TX area these cars (much less their aftermarket parts) are few & far between.
It was just a little passing idea as I was wondering how much they run. I'm already 'bastardizing' a Capri as it is I really don't need the tonneau to make it look 'non-stock'.   Thanks for the info.