TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Idle Control Valve Coolant Lines?  (Read 3723 times)

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
Idle Control Valve Coolant Lines?
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »

are they needed to be hooked up? there is a line coming off the back of the block to the valve then one goes from the valve to the throttle body. i was thinking about just removing it since it just heats up the TB..
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »

you do need the idle air control value but you dont need the TB lines you can remove thos and just block off the lines i know  Joe RCI has his off i think i will be taking mine off as well

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »

but like i said you DO need the IACV to work right might have to re rough some water lines

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »

just run a longer line to bypass the TB... it will run paralell to the fuel rail under the TB.. as bryan has stated already. the line needs to run from the back of the mani, through the idle air controll then past the tb to the return tube that surrounds the head/block....

220hp@18psi

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »

i did not see where the line came out of the tb back to the block
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »

the water travels from the back of the manifold just under the #1 intake port, to the IAC, then from the IAC, to the tb, then from the tb, to the metal return tube that travels from the heater core, to the water pump, behind the turbo manifold ... (the L shaped metal tube that runs from the tranny side, allong the block/head split to the water pump)... all you need to do is replace the two smaller hoses from the IAC to the TB and from the TB to the return tube..
(L shaped tube) with a longer hose directly from the IAC to the return tube. bypassing the TB completely... both bungs on the TB are on the bottom about 1.5 inches from one another... thares no need to cap off the tb becuase thare is no passage to anything else inside the TB.. its just a hollow chamber for water to pool before returning... its a very simple mod that really dosent make much of a difference .. the car will actually take a bit longer to warm up in the winter...but in AZ you really dont have to worry about that do you??? all it does is help the engine to warm up faster to get it to operating temp faster to help with emissions..
water flows through the intake mani anyways
in two places so it heats it up no matter what.. this will just keep your TB a bit cooler in the summer when its hot outside....

220hp@18psi

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »

this there is a resistor we can splice in to make it think its at the temp and remove the whole sensor?

hell my car runs so cold..i dont get heat in the morning...

lucky if it runs at 160deg during the winter..

my sons supra got crashed into by a bus..so once they tell us whats up with that i plan on taking his electrical fan that i installed into it and putting on mine
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »

no, due to the fact that our cars have a vein air flow meter, the air that the IACV bypasses to the mani is what keeps the flapper open and keeps it running... without the IACV the flaper would close completely with the TB and the engine would starve of fuel and stall out instantly.... i wish we could i would have done it already....

220hp@18psi