TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: 4th Annual Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering  (Read 68062 times)

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
4th Annual Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2005, 10:00:00 PM »

Volfenhag-
The more you talk about your car-"Custom this-Custom That", the more I think I like it!!  Nothing better than to see an owners idea of what a Capri should look like. Don't worry about the other 90% being nicer-Who cares!! It's still your "Baby"!
Please get the pictures posted! I want to see it!!

---Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Volfenhag

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »

She's in the gallery. Notice the "custom" dent in the fender. LOL
Drive it like you stole it!

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »

This year, the 4th Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering will start at the Rockford Speedway (http://www.rockfordspeedway.com) in Rockford Illinois at 9:30 am.  We will have the track for two hours.  

From the track, we will drive to Freeport, to have a picnic at one of the most beautiful parks in the world (As ex-Navy, I feel I am qualified to make that statement). We request that everybody get their gas before they arrive, because there will be NO gas stops on the way to the park.   At the park, we will have Raffles, door prizes, judging, trophys, tech tips...ect...ect  

At the end of the night, if enough are interested, we plan on going to one of the few Drive-In Theaters left in the country.  And from there, depart in peace  

As this event grows, so do costs.  So unfortunately this year, I have to ask for an entrance fee.  For your entrance fee of $25 per car, you get: 1 Bag-O-Crap (This will include a T-shirt and some other very cool Crap.  You also get a couple hours to drive around a 1/4 mile High banked NASCAR fast track.  And finally you get FOOD, and a few raffle tickets that could net you some exceptionally cool Capri stuff.  MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.  It's worth way more than $25, trust me!  Registration at www.caprigathering.com.

You can purchase extra T-shirts for $20 each (add $2.50 for xxl, $3.50 for xxxl...ect)

**all money is non-refundable**

We really hope you take the chance, and time to come and join this Event.  This is a great place to comiserate with other owners, and find new ideas or, parts for your car.  

I really need to get all of the registrations and money in by June 15th.  This way, hopefully we can have the money to get the T-shirt order out, so we can have it back by the 30th of July.  If I can afford it, I will get a few extra T-shirts for stragglers, but that won't be many.  So that means the contents of the Bag-O-Crap will vary.

All Capri Convertibles are welcome, no matter what condition they are in.  Just about no one will be turned away.  Can you imagine 50 Capri's in one place?  OK, you probably won't see 50.  But over 30 is a definate probability.  

If you can't make it to the Gathering, but like the idea of having an Event like this, and would like to donate to the cause, just fill out the form, put in the "Modifications Section"  you don't plan attend, or something appropriate.    Donations over $35 get an Event  T-shirt sent to them. Donations over $60 will get an official Bag-O-Crap sent to them.  T-shirts will not be sent out until after the event July 30th.  And if you want to be a sponser, $150.  gets your website or business on the T-Shirts, and you receive a nice logo embroidered denim sponsor shirt.  Donations are greatly appreciated.

**************************TAG CARDS**************************************

Tag Cards are 7, 4X6 postcards, and 10, business cards, letting those stray Capri owners know the resources available to them.  Keep some in each of your vehicles.  Just in case.

If you just want Tag Cards, please note as such in the "Modifications" section.

Tag Cards are $5.00 a set. $5.50 if paying via paypal (to cover their fees)  Shipping and handling included.

REGISTER AT WWW.caprigathering.COM
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

wk87540

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »

Drbob, I am very interested in the capri gathering and it sounds like quite an adventure to drive to Rockford. I am going to make a point of making the event. By adventure, I mean that in 1966 my brother and I made a trip from Gary, Indiana to Fort Huachuca, Arizona in a 1964 Triumph Spitfire....following old route 66...the Capri is 10 times the car and should make for a more pleasant adventure. I like the idea for placards to put on other Capris announcing the event. Around Santa fe, new Mexico I have spotted 8 Capris, all different. Pretty amazing for an area of 150,000 people or less, for  a car that is expected to have 30,000 survivors left and the numbers twindling. I would like to see a thread on a Capri count in other areas. I think your doing a hell of a job putting this together. Thanks, Walt

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »

Walt!!

We are looking forward to having you make the trip.  Hopefully the only event you encounter during your drive is ours.  

Everybody, Please register early.  If we can get enough people together to purchase 49 t-shirts, It will sure help.  Set-up fee's for 6 color silkscreening, and color seperation of artwork is very expensive.  I plan on getting Beefy-T's.  Might as well get the best right?  At least this way, the T. will last longer than our cars  

To get an idea of what the back of the T will look like, go to caprigathering.com.  It's close, but the T will look much better.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Texas Capri 1

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2005, 02:48:00 AM »

Can anyone tell me if the gathering is still on for the 30th? If so, do I have to pre-register, or can I pay when I get there? Thanks. Unfortunatley, we have spent all our money trying to fix the rash of probs we have been having with this car. I will be doing wheel bearings in the front again today. This is the 5 time Ive done them since January. Bad Design? I hope not, Ford dealership is doing them this time.
Thanks Guys!
1.8 from 93 Protege
N/A

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2005, 04:30:00 AM »

Yes, it is still on the 30th of July....There has been no postings to say different!  Yes I need the registration money early (I can't afford it all on my own. T-s will run around $800, which is why I need the money before the 15th of june to pay for the T's)

I do apoligize for charging this year, I thought T-shirts would be a cool thing to do.  And I thought people would want one. Also, it helps me out with expenses (I will still go a quite a few hundred in the hole, even with the registration money, that's OK, I just can't afford more, living on my pension)

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

GIR

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2005, 03:18:00 AM »

I am a newbie but I used to work at T-shirt print shop, I still do art on the side getting it camera ready for printing, so if you have any questions let me know. Also, if you know the sort of design you are wanting graphics, etc I know a lot of tricks to knock down the colors, doing 4 color process versus 6 spot colors, half-tones etc. Sometimes the best shirts only had two or three colors. I made some for my fiance for a St. Louis MOPAC meet with just a metallic silver print and they turned out cool.
94 Capri (not a hooptie)
2004 mazda 6 sport wagon

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

For thos of you who were looking for lodging for the Gathering, here is the number to the local Super 8.  815-232-8880  When you make your reservations (and I do recommend making them early because there is something going on in Rockford that weekend) Mention that it is under the CAPRI GATHERING and you will get a discount.  For those of you who will be staying saturday night, and going to the Drive-In, this would probably be the best place.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

pmpsht

• Old-Timer
    • http://www.TunerFixx.com
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

I will be staying at the Fairfield Inn because I have a family member getting me a room for about $50 because she works for Marriot.  The hotel is in Rockford, Bob you could probably tell me the where abouts exactly though relative to where we'll be.
Cory Barry
93 XR2 Project \\"Blue Flame\\"
Starion Intercooled, VJ14/11 Hybrid
TunerFixx Dual Stage Boost Controller, Spec Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, RocketChip ECU **SOLD**
91 NA Silver/Teal (Looks Fast)*SOLD*  
http://www.Tunerfixx.com\\" target=\\"_blank\\">TunerFixx.com Capri Performance: Links, Multimedia, Tech

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »

hey Cory, we have a country in and suites in Freeport, arent they run by Marriot?  As for the fairfield, I think that is out on Perryville RD, about 15 mins from the track.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

pmpsht

• Old-Timer
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2005, 05:41:00 AM »

I'll look into that. I think it's a Carlson hotel though not a Marriot.  I'm only paying about $50 for the Fairfield Inn.

P.S.  Jamy with the pearple XR2 in Ohio wants to possibly help out (monetary wise).  I told him you have sent some of the graphics off to the printer already but might have something else, wasn't sure.
Cory Barry
TunerFixx Dual Stage Boost Controller, Spec Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, RocketChip ECU **SOLD**
http://www.Tunerfixx.com\\" target=\\"_blank\\">TunerFixx.com Capri Performance: Links, Multimedia, Tech

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

Hey Cory, that was for the pass out cards which have nothing to do with the gathering.  They are two completely different intertwining projects I have been working on.

If he wants to help monetarily with the gathering, Yipee !!

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

I plan on attending, I am going to wait till im positive before I register though
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

pmpsht

• Old-Timer
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2005, 08:18:00 AM »

Ahhh OK, hmm so what have I paid for so far?  I have to make sure the money is coming from the right places.    Did he email you yet?
Cory Barry
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18