TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: hard to start 93 mercury carpi  (Read 2208 times)

grannychil369

hard to start 93 mercury carpi
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:14:00 AM »

the water pump went out... i have put in a new timminng belt, water pump, tune it up, put in new thermrestaic, flush the raderater, plus an air sencer! my problem is when i go to start it and i have to pump the gas pedal to get it started.. its very hard to start now .... its 1.6 engine and is fuel injeted. i would like to know if there is s fuel sencer or a starter sencer that could be causeing this problem? plez help my baby is sick .... thank you very muck

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »

hey there i have had that problem and some of the others as well.. I have yet to figure out why my capri does not start like it did before i worked on it.. i have replace manything trying and nothing has change the slow starting.. i even had a new dist. and that did not change anything

bryanknight

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »

It's cool  I have even prime the pump before starting it it help some but I still had to crank on it  so I'm
not sure it's a fuel thing  but u never know if I ever get a change I'll get back on here

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 03:29:00 AM »

Timing and plug gaps correct?

My old B6T used to crank like normal, but my BP will start the just about the second the starter engages...kinda freaks me out sometimes. Not sure why it does it
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

bryanknight

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »

well rocket my timing is onthe money and i have good plugs but nothing seem to change the starting  i still have to crank on it