Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Ford Festiva

Hi I'm new

<< < (2/8) > >>

zoom zoom:
Well stage .5 is complete, engine #1 is sitting at my house still on the trailer. I got a ton of other goodies for free while I was picking it up. I never knew they made tensioner pulleys or ac/ps pump brackets out of aluminum, but i have one of each now lol..

I got all kinds of pipes, the intercooler, FULL engine harness, two b6t ecus(you still chip ecus Matt?), Vaf, ......the pigtail i need to splice into the festiva harness with 4-5' of wire, ... Probably everything ill need minus a fuel pump and raditor(mine leaks..)

Sorry i got excited and forgot to take pics before strapping it down for the ride home. It was getting dark outside. I put about 650 miles on my 97 Aspire dragging my homemade/modified harbor freight trailer 4+ hours each way to pick this up. I didnt go straight home i made a 150 mile detour with it because i drove to cincinnatti the next day. Those festy guys doubted my stuff, thats why i dont like posting there, way too much negativity. I hauled 860lbs max on this trailer so far and i know it would do more, but seriously the thing is only 3.5x5' so its not big enough to fit much more weight on it. Works perfect for everything Ive asked of it so far, and the little bit of rust on my bumper hasnt been an issue either. -.-

This was on the way back... Lol i got 50 miles from home and decided to take the detour so it took awhile longer than this..

zoom zoom:
First serious question i guess,  do I need a 255lph pump or can i get away with a stock pump. Im reading conflicting stories. What do you guys use? Will be stock at first, MIGHT end up cranking it up later, maybe. Need to make sure I get it running asap no screwing around fixing things that dont need fixed first.

Rocketman:
All I can say is "F The Haters" and "Haters Gonna Hate"
And "You're not doing it right if you don't have haters" lol

Not sure about the stock Festy FI pump. The Pumps in the Capri are all the same N/A or XR2.

255LPH is "too much" you might be better off with one of the 190LPH.

Wish I could get a HF trailer. They cannot legally be titled in PA / driven on public roadways without a massive amount of paperwork, time, and money.

zoom zoom:
Easy question, will the upper timing belt cover from a BP interchange with the b6t cover? The one on this engine is warped and is in desperate need of replacement...or elimination.

Chicken:
That upper cover wil swap.  People do run engines without it and some go without any.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version