General > General

Engine swap

(1/3) > >>

tellerx:
I WANTED TO KNOW IF A MAZDA 1.8 WILL BOLT UP TO THE AUTOMATIC TRANS IN THE CAPRI AND IS ALL THE ENGINE MOUNTING THE SAME

Gus Kelley:
Hey Tell!  No! The 1.8 is longer and requires modified engine mounts. Having not done a 1.8 myself I don't know all the specifics. But there are also some changes in wiring and electronics included. There maybe something in our old forum posts if not some of the 323mazda forums have it. All the ones that I've briefly read on involve manual trans.  Good Luck!  Gus.

Phillip:
it's doable but the trans probably won't last too long.

Rocketman:
Its do-able but I would recommend using a manual trans. The 1.8 is a great swap but after having done it there is a ton of work involved in making it fit in a capri.

There is someone on the Yahoo list with a n/a BP, but I dont recall if he is using a manual or auto tranny

tellerx:
well the reason i brought this up was because there was a turbo charged one from South Caro on ebay i aked the guy if it was a bolt in swap and he told me it was and that included the turbo and 5 speed. So i was thinking on doing that on my girls car which is an automatic N/A and could use a little more weboes.he also replied that it had no issues with over heating or parts breakage

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version