Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

Turbo cuts off

<< < (3/3)

Skip13:
Yes just had a water pump timing belt and tune up. I complained to them that it was not cutting in the turbo they checked all that and said it was working right. I hit a big bump one day and it worked great after that. Then one day I was riding around and turn on the A/C and that's when my problem started. Since then no matter how hard I step un the gas peddle it just creeps up and then bogs down

Skip13:
Someone said my wastegate could be stuck open. Would that be my problem. The 91 shop manual sure doesn't help me.

blueamber:
Get the timing checked.  Search 'short nosed crank' for this issue with this engine.

SHOwn:
I didn’t think of that, but it is a high probability. Timing retarded acts just like that. Could be a sloppy distributor as well.
Although, that bit about hitting bumps and A/C really point to bad electrical connections. Check all grounds, clean them all up, report back after that. There are a number of grounds that affect the engine, do a search on teamcapri to find all you can. Like modern healthcare, with a Capri, you are your own best advocate- you must research this stuff yourself. There just aren’t any shops that would know about that car anymore.

Skip13:
Thanks all to the reply's

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version