Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Engine & Drivetrain Swaps

rwd capri using miata parts?

(1/3) > >>

supercowmoo3:
Has anyone ever attempted to turn their fwd capri rwd using miata parts? I'm just curious with the subject as I'd like to do this one day with my 91 capri.

Rocketman:
Just about everyone has talked about it, and literally no-one has attempted it.

It's gonna involve tearing up the entire car to pull it off. The engine + transmission would be good, but I would choose a different rearend to fit. It's just too damn big

chrispoe:
Converting the capri to rwd would be a PITA and the results would suck. The BF chassis the capri's built on wasn't designed to be rwd or a convertible for that matter. The chassis is very flexible and would twist when power was applied causing unpredictable steering and handling. This problem will become even worse when you cut around the exhaust tunnel to fit the tranny.

About 10 years ago me and the old crew converted a civic to rwd with the s2000 engine and drivetrain. It took alot of blood, sweat, and beers to do, but we did it. The steering was somewhat unpredictable when you hit the gas hard from chassis flex and less then a month later it went off the road and was wrecked.

supercowmoo3:
Definately would need some serious reinforcement, good to know lol

Mike.Sasich:
The Capri would be more receptive to converting it to a mid-engined rear wheel drive . Something along the lines of a v6 in the back seat area . And move the fuel tank to the front.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version