TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Accessories and parts for the Capri that I like  (Read 4746 times)

boomer535

Accessories and parts for the Capri that I like
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:07:00 AM »

Here are some of the parts and accessories that I got for my Capri that I liked.

New top. I replaced the ragged black top with a new white vinyl top. The white top doesn't get as hot here in Florida and it looks good with the red paint. I know I have to clean it more, but I would rather clean it then fry in the Sun especially since my AC doesn't work yet.

New Radio and Speakers. The old Radio and Speakers were in pretty bad shape. I ended up replacing the Radio with a new one that replaced the CD player with USB and SD slots. Now all my music is on MP3's on an SD card. I have hours of music now. The Radio was easy to install just needed the adapter cable. The speakers were harder, I ended up getting pioneers that would fit in the doors. The new Radio is the best accessory so far.

New Washer tank and jets. Roo-Sport. The washer tank in my Car was crumbling, and the jets were broken. It was nice to replace them so I can clean the windshield again.

Aluminum Glove Box Latch. Got this from Roo-Sport. Pretty easy to install with instructions. It is so nice to have a functioning Glove Box again.

Strut Tower Brace. Got from Roo-Sport. Makes the Car feel more solid. The hardest part was breaking the strut tower bolts loose to install.

Chrome exhaust tip. Roo-Sport. The easiest accessory to install but sure looks nice.

New Turn Signal Switch. The right turn signal would never hold. I hear this is one of the common problems. I got a new multifunction switch from Rock Auto. I used the Tech Capri site to figure out how to replace it. It was easier than I thought, I didn't have to lower the column like the manual said. Now the turn signals work perfect.

Got new Capri and Mercury badges and a aluminum heater door link on order will see how they turn out.

Does anyone else have accessories they like too?

Scott
Spring Hill FL.

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
Accessories and parts for the Capri that I like
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 01:21:00 AM »

I Like everything I put on mine...LOL
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible