TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: poping sound  (Read 9795 times)

Clinton

poping sound
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »

ATTENTION EVERYONE, the popping noise is the rubber between the bottom of the coil and the metal tray, the rubber wears down because it is shit, i just found it on my car and changed it and now it doesnt pop. Put your hand under the coil and you will see it will be falling out

1991 SC Capri-Sold after the crankshaft snapped
1992 N/A Barchetta-Selling

Colorado1

poping sound
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 06:58:00 AM »

OK I said I'd report back so others can see what possibilities there might be. I fixed the popping, clunking noise @ the front pass. side. I decided to buy a half shaft rather than bushings. When I went to get it aligned I explained in detail to check the lower control arm bushings, if worn they could be causing the axle to hit inside the engine. Turned out ok like I saw also. Go to the "Recalls" section at the top and read the '92 recall on noise up front fix. It tells the procedure for control arms, and other possibilities. I did that & torqued the front bushing. I don't know if that was the cause or the axle half shaft that did it but it's long gone-No more popping.
Pages: 1 2 [3]