TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: roll bars  (Read 6008 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
roll bars
« on: January 01, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »

hey guys lookin for poeple that have the mazada roll bars in there cars im taking my car soon to have one made that fits and is better suited to a roll over i have a idea after removeing all of the back seats and seat belts and plastic.. but i would like to know what the Measuements  of the bars like the width.. highth of the humps and there angles and if you can figure the radius of the bends... thanks if you can help i am going to try and find someone that can bend it out of one piece.. hopefully

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
roll bars
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »

I saw on cardomain last night someone who had a full cage....

rci and josh have both used the miata one i believe
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
roll bars
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »

first and foremost, the only reason a person should worry about a "cage" if in one of three circumstances exist...

1) you have built an auto x machine, and you are seriously pushing the rig into corners and think a rollover is a doable feat...   wich by the way puts you in a fully modded open class. so since the competition would be fully built miatas and crxs you would really have to push the little thing...

2) you are running 11.5 in the quarter mile and the track ban you till you did so.... but in by doing so you added a hundred pounds and dropped into the 12s defeating the purpose...

3) you messed up and bought the little thing and then realized if an f-150 ran you over, you would die. so your gonna put yourself in a cage to protect yourself from traffic.... if this is the case, thank god you didnt buy a motorcycle....

allthough i do admit if the "hoops" had center beams that went back  kinda like the single loop on a shelby cobra has the beam that goes back..
to about where the rear seat back meets the seat bottom...yea that would look awesome....

ill have to crawl out there tomorrow and measure for ya ... heres some pics of it installed...

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
roll bars
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »

like this

with the rearward running bar from both "hoops"
that would look raw....

220hp@18psi

bryanknight

roll bars
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »

hey joe i sent you a email couple weekends ago about come up to see ya and to bye those liffter off of you.. but guess you for got me lol but anyway the way i see it is if for some reason i roll the car acting like a 16 year old because i have a hoped up car a couple hundred dollor for a roll bar to help save my life verse the windshild ill spend the money lol and here we dont have a 1/4 mile its only 8th mile and anything under 8 second you have to have a four point roll bar with harnness  now my car ran 9.9 stock with nothing but the exhast got the slip to prove it so after all the stuff i have done and am doing i should be getting close (prayin)     but thanks for the measuring hell get up and read this and call me ill drive up there and take them my self lol and you could make a few buck on lifter    and anything else i might could use ...

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
roll bars
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »

aah, i see you have found out the hard way that i check my e mail about once a month... if you want to get ahold of me your best to pm. me on here, or hit me up on facebook...
i check the site about every other day at least. and my facebook at least once a week..

my email just collects alot of crap mail where i had the shop, and i just forget about it....

i know i have a bag of HLAs somewhere in the garage.. i have a couple sets of cams too...

220hp@18psi

bryanknight

roll bars
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »

you know the hole time i was there and i forgot to measure your roll bar lol damit...

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
roll bars
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »

haaa yea your right ... thats funny... gimme a few days ill try to get up early and measure it for ya...LOLOL

220hp@18psi

bryanknight

roll bars
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »

????

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
roll bars
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 02:51:00 AM »

gimme a bit, still workin the 20 straight...remember..

220hp@18psi

bryanknight

roll bars
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »

yeah man i was not rushin you i just left a comment so i would know if you have been there or someone else had been...

bryanknight

roll bars
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »

hey man if you on lol go measure that roll bar lol

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
roll bars
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 03:53:00 PM »

im on ... its pissing rain out right now, but i promise as soon as it stops i will... oh another thing with toyotas dumb asses having mass recalls were slow as hell at work so im actually off on weekends again ..so i should have time this weekend to get that done for ya..

220hp@18psi

bryanknight

roll bars
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »

thanks man lol i got my ssqv and my wheels and tire should be here soon im getting my lifters inthe morning woohooo  

bryanknight

roll bars
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »

where do i need to put that reszester so that i can put those 390 cc injectors in ?
Pages: [1] 2