TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: bpt swap  (Read 1811 times)

frobro85

bpt swap
« on: November 12, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »

Well had a little issue with my baby tonight. Got done watching the fight at a friends and on the way home my capri died(well the engine gave out from me tracking it anyway....and extra boost). To make a long story short, I'am on the ropes and figure if its gonna get any engine work might as well go bigger lol.

So I wanted to know some basics. First is it possible to run the computer from the b6 or should I go with the bp's(already have a rocketchip). The next is will the stock tranny bolt up because that would make my wallet very happy not having to get too many extras.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
bpt swap
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »

Yes it will bolt to the XR2 transmission.

Yes, you can use the B6T engine management, but if you buy a real BPT w/ BP26 ECU, it's better to use that.

You will have to notch the passenger framerail to allow clearance for the belts/pulleys

There's a whole bunch of little things that needs to be changed/worked around, not a big deal stuff though -

-Throttle cable on the BP TB
-Fuel lines
-Intake routing
-Vacuum lines
etc etc...
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

frobro85

bpt swap
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »

Ok thats pretty much what I wanted to know. Planed on taking the car of the road for a while to really get into it.