TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Boost guage instal  (Read 1662 times)

sterling94capri

Boost guage instal
« on: October 20, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »

I am planning to run my autometer Boost/vacume gauge off the spare nipple on the TB, OK? My biggest concern is how to get it up to the pillar pod. Do I need to pull the dash of partly?I want to get this done so I can turn my boost up to 16 and see what the hybrid can really do.Thanks Rocky

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Boost guage instal
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:37:00 AM »

Rocky,

The boost gauge you purchased should have come with an install kit, which probably includes a thin teflon or plastic vacuum line, and a union for near the manifold.

The plastic line will get snaked thru the firewall, through one of the existing grommets. I forget exactly what is over on the driverside, but there are grommets to use.

Its a matter of getting it through the firewall and then fishing it up into the dash. Have some stiff wire or a coat hanger on hand to help fish the vacuum line - its a bit tedious but not really difficult. No need to disassemble the dash. You could find also, that it would be more efficient to start at the dash side, and work your way into the engine bay. I've done both ways.

Be sure that if the vac line comes thru anywhere near the pedals - that it is not going to be crushed or kinked by the action of the pedals.

Hope this helps.
-Rocket
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"