TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: They stole my top for Christmas!!!!!  (Read 2680 times)

blueamber

They stole my top for Christmas!!!!!
« on: December 21, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »

Was working on trading out soft tops on my 93 xr2, pulled the like-new but crappily installed one out, frame and all, and placed it beside the car in my front driveway.  It was late and I called it quits for the night...Florida at dusk is mosquito feeding time.

I went out the next day and the top was GONE.  Now, I didn't like the top, but getting stolen along with the good latches wasn't something I liked.

So, got to thinking about it and realized that maybe one of the junk collectors that cruise the area may have picked it up.

Got on craigs list, 'free stuff', and put in an ad asking if it got picked up to please return it.

Sure enough, it showed up back in my driveway the next day, none the worse for wear!!!

So, that's my best score off craigs list in a while...

Merry Christmas everyone...Chris

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »

That is AMAZING! So awesome that they actually brought it back! Merry Christmas!!!!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

hiemstt

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 05:53:00 AM »

Glad the grinch had a heart and returned the gifts.  i am looking for a new top for my 91,  any ideas.  thanks and merry Christmas.

mtmccain

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »

That is so cool that it got brought back. Sounds like something from the 50's.