TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: wont start....  (Read 2701 times)

Jsaturday

wont start....
« on: June 19, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »

hey guys i am new here but figured you might be able to help... i have a 91 capri xr2 that i just replaced cv joints and suspension components on and new rims and tires. i had to pull to motor out to replace a motor mount, but since i got it all back together it wont start! i removed the ac compressor and bracket. and the car is getting fuel and spark , but it seems like when the plugs are in the motor it isnt firing. can someone help me?

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
wont start....
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:08:00 AM »

I know it sounds stupid, but is the firing order on the plugs and wires correct?

If you spray starting fluid into the filter, will it start?

Is the intake tract complete, from tb to VAF?

Where are you at in CT?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Jsaturday

wont start....
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »

wires are in correct order, tried starting fluid, intake is all in order... im in hamden, ct. it seems like its getting way too much gas, and im also unsure of the vaccuum line arrangement... theres 19 f'n solenoid valves and the person who had it before me had it all messed up. i tested the spark outside the motor and its good, i even attached a spark plug tester in the middle and its still good with the plug in the motor. the timing is correct. i double checked all my grounds.