TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Changing wheels.  (Read 2667 times)

Ken G

Changing wheels.
« on: June 22, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »

The factory wheels on my 91 XR2 are not exactly the greatest in style and I would like to change to some type of aftermarket wheels. The ones I have seen advertised that would fit the same lug pattern are "so-so". How big of a deal is it to change the lug pattern to except a different style of wheel that would also take white lettered tires? This is new territory for me. Restoring other cars was always by the book, now I am going to make this car my "fun" car and throw the book out. This use to be my daily driver and was a great car with no problems. Now I want to make it my weekend cruise car now.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Changing wheels.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »

It's a huge deal to change away from 4x114.3 to anything else, there aren't any parts that will swap in to do that unfortunately. I won't say it's impossible, if you really wanted you might be able to switch to 4x100 pattern, but you'd need custom brakes in the front and some serious suspension work in the rear. There isn't much available for 4x100 that can't be had in 4x114.3 already though

There's a fair bit out there for 4x114.3, you should be able to find something at least close to what you want.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"