TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: paint code from my 93 N/A  (Read 3168 times)

Greg_B

paint code from my 93 N/A
« on: February 28, 2012, 06:26:00 AM »

Russ,

Trying to find some touch-up paint.  I have a pic of my door tag.  It lists the paint code as a 94 only color ?  Ever see that before?  I can post it here or e-mail it to you if it will help ID my color.  I do have pics of the car posted in a folder on the Yahoo group, Gregs 93

Greg
Greg

blueamber

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »

There is mis-information out there that refuses to go away.  Reef green is definitely a 93 color, despite what the chart says on midcomustang.  I think lots of confusion comes from Australian ways of referring to years as opposed to US registration norms...Chris in FL

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »

the information doesn't come from just Midco....it comes from Ford, and the 93 and94 dealer brochures, and the color codes that were available. Nowhere on anything I have from ford that lists available colors shows reef green (SJ - 4887).
That's not saying it's not possible. Just everything I have show it as not available for 93. If Greg's car is originally Reef Green, and was never re-painted, it is the only one that I am aware of...
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

blueamber

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »

I've owned 2 of these, and have seen others at our meets, paint code SJ on a registered 93.  The everglades green of earlier years is so different that there is no confusing them.  I have a 94 reef green xr2 in my back yard that needs a new passenger door...I have a door off a 93, same color, same code, ready to bolt on...sometimes you just have to listen to what is, not what Ford says...Ford also says that there were less than 5000 91 xr2's produced...can't say that's exactly accurate either..Chris

Greg_B

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 02:31:00 AM »

All,

Door tag for the Capri. I can send full VIN to an e-mail, just do not want to upload it.

Capri:

I do agree it is confusing, my original service manual for a 93 does not list the SJ as a 93 color.  Special order maybe?

I'm only second owner.  Unfortunately the window sticker was not in the pile of paper his wife had settling his estate.
Greg