TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: MX3 turbo swap to NA  (Read 2810 times)

Colorado1

MX3 turbo swap to NA
« on: June 30, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »

Guy has an MX3 1.6? Some guy wants to buy my turbo & exhaust manifold for it. It's an NA car & he wants to change it over. ECU also. Is that possible? Selling pretty cheap cause I need the $ but don't want him coming back cause he may have had a dumb idea.

Colorado1

MX3 turbo swap to NA
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »

OK, it's a Mazda MX3 NA. Keep telling him he's got his work cut out for him-if it even works?

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
MX3 turbo swap to NA
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »

You can do anything with time & money...If he wants to buy it..let him..
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

Colorado1

MX3 turbo swap to NA
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »

Thanks GoSteelers, that's kind of the advice I got. Just didn't want a decent turbo to go to waste since I didn't even have it listed for sale. Just top & wheels. Been awhile on here, but the car is running great! Still get dandelions in AC vents after cleaning everywhere but in blower. Take care, Rob

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
MX3 turbo swap to NA
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »

Some of the B6T parts will fit their flavor of the B6, the electronics im not so sure about. Turbo B6 MX3 has been done plenty before. If you have a good OEM turbo and are hurting for cash, you can get a lot out of it, don't have to settle on this guy.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Colorado1

MX3 turbo swap to NA
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 04:56:00 AM »

Thing is Rocketman I pulled it from a junk yard but I was going to do the VJ11/14 since I have both the turbos to do it. I don't know if it works but with a hybrid rebuild odds would be a good turbo. No side or in out play. Came off car I sent the junkyard ECU that you chipped & works fine. Think it was a 91 crank problem w/car. Don't want to sell just that 1 to someone here & it doesn't work-ya know. Thanks RM, Rob