TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: External vent removal?  (Read 2534 times)

Capritain

External vent removal?
« on: November 18, 2015, 10:49:18 PM »

I have the 93 manual and I can't find where how to remove the metal piece vent above the wiper motor. Might be old forum where I thought I saw how to.  We all know leaves get in there easily. I want to put screen inside/under neath the external vent.
91 CAPRAI N/A 5-Speed
D-town, Iowa

mitch1204

• 1991 Mercury Capri NA Auto/ 1994 Mercury Capri NA
Re: External vent removal?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 02:59:35 AM »

Group 36, page 31 in the manual.

It comes out from the inside. You have to remove the instrument panel to gain access then there are two screws holding the vent inlet in place.

Maybe adapt a cabin filter like newer vehicles or stop them from entering the trim by the wipers. An easy fix might be to buy that filter mesh sold by home AC filters and cut it to fit and cram it in there.

I know what you are saying. My vents have a few leaves in them, especially on the driver's side. I picked them out with tweezers.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:04:35 AM by mitch1204 »

Capritain

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »

Oh really from inside ha? Wondered! I can't seem to figure them out.
Thanks much!

Group 36, page 31 in the manual.

It comes out from the inside. You have to remove the instrument panel to gain access then there are two screws holding the vent inlet in place.

Maybe adapt a cabin filter like newer vehicles or stop them from entering the trim by the wipers. An easy fix might be to buy that filter mesh sold by home AC filters and cut it to fit and cram it in there.

I know what you are saying. My vents have a few leaves in them, especially on the driver's side. I picked them out with tweezers.
91 CAPRAI N/A 5-Speed
D-town, Iowa

blueamber

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 12:42:07 AM »

I put screen between the rubber hood seal and the lower windshield trim, works great