TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Koni struts  (Read 3030 times)

Joe M

Koni struts
« on: March 13, 2010, 04:51:00 AM »

Anyone know if the Koni reds listed here:  Konis at TireRack will work on our cars?  The listing is for fwd Mazda BF, so I thought they might work.  I know yellows are better for autocross, but at least the reds can be revalved...

Joe M

Koni struts
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 05:38:00 AM »

I just checked with TireRack - The have both rears and a bunch of right front struts, but no left front.  Too bad since they are at least single-adjustable and rebuildable/revalveable.  I take it that the struts cannot be swapped side-to-side in the front...

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
Koni struts
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »

i dont know about the konis   but yeah that are uneek to the sides because of mounting reason

Joe M

Koni struts
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »

What about the inserts inside the struts?

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Koni struts
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »

I think struts can be swapped...I'll have to take a look at one of my spare sets. I know they make the aftermarket ones with brake line brackets on both side so they can work on both sides, I think the strut perches can be used on that side too. I don't remember exactly.

People have used inserts on the GTX, noone I know of on the capri, they're a lot of work.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Joe M

Koni struts
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »

wow, if that's the case then I can just tack some brackets on and I could be good to go...

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Koni struts
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 06:38:00 AM »

I just looked at my old pair of front struts, they are indeed the same, with brake line tabs on both sides. If the set you're after does not have them on both sides, you could indeed get someone to cut/weld it to the other side. I'd be very cautious and perhaps have a pro do it, do not want to overheat the strut and damage the seals/charge inside it
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"