TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: How to pretty up your Capri  (Read 4132 times)

Surfnut

How to pretty up your Capri
« on: May 23, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »

Don't shoot the messenger -

I've seen this at the Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals for the last few years and thought you guys might want to see just how sexy a Capri can get    

I plan to get back on my Kelmark XR-2 project in the fall and I'll keep y'all posted as to how that's going as I make progress.

I hope everybody's doing well!

Dave

paulcombs

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »

looks clean but its not my cup of tea lol

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »

damn dude, I was just about to bump your thread this week, wanted to see how you were doing.

Thats certainly an interesting Capri there. Did you speak to the owner or tell him about us here?  
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »

Hmmmm, I'm not real sure how I feel about that...LOL If I just glance at it, I'm like "Bah, it's OK." Then I look a little harder and start to appreciate the work that went into that. Never thought the old ugly steel rims could look so good. And the white wall tires? Classy. It took some work to get those rear wheel shrouds to look like they belong there. Like Paul, it's not my cup of tea, but you have to appreciate the vision!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

Surfnut

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »

Forgive me Rocket but I didn't talk to the owner at all.  In the one picture you can see the guy with the white shirt and the bald guy with the black shirt walking away from the car - one of them was driving but I'm not sure which one it was.  

I bought a '55 T-Bird replica last fall :

and I spent the winter installing a new HVAC system with behind-the-dash A/C and consequently redoing the dash and door panels which, by the way, was a pain in the butt :

so I tarped the new Kelmark XR-2 frame up and haven't touched it (I have a one car garage).
I tend not to get too much done during the hot summer months but come autumn, I usually get back to things.  The rear of the new frame is 99% done (I just have to make one tie rod and it's finished).  
I'm leaning towards just making an entire triangulated space frame for the car and using a Mustang II front suspension but unfortunately, the T-Bird has taken up the last 5 months of my life.
How are things going with you?

Dave
Dave

Ken G

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »

Got to see that car myself. Caught my attention. I talked to the owner for a little bit and I believe the skirts were made from a Dodge Dart if I remember right. I took some pics myself. It was a twist to what we know as a Capri but I liked it. It showed we can make as a personal car of these as we like. I give it a thumbs up.