TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Hardtop rear window needed  (Read 2753 times)

Colorado1

Hardtop rear window needed
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »

Sure I'm not the first one but are rear windows available for the hardtop? Anyone have one?

Phillip

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »

Good Luck! Find a crapped out top or get a glass house to make a piece! You could talk to Russ he might provide a new top?

Colorado1

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 04:09:00 AM »

Thanks Phillip, I'm working on it today to figure it out. Might just get a soft top for now & wait for a whole car to come up later. Checking a custom place today. Alot of cars around are Nieghborhood will be. Might need to hit a gun shop while I'm out! Rob

azgtx

• Old-Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »

I can get you one tomorrow if you are serious.

Clay

Colorado1

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »

The only ones I found where on a Capri site for $297.00/wo shipping. How much are you asking? I know it'll be up there & this would put me in a hole for 4 mos. PM me. I looked around yesterday and I may do a project with Lexan. Clearview sells a whole defogger grill kit for $32.00. The total would come to $100.00 & if I go that route it could help a lot of others(as long as I'm careful. @250 times stronger than glass i may never have to worry again. Either that or a soft top since mine is worthless and it would be $100.00 less. My options are open but I have a feeling it'll be up there as it should be. (I bought a lot recently(RM's chip,SSQV,good boost controller,r. shocks & rotors,extra turbo). The whole timing sucks. PM me anyway. It may be possible for Ford to make a run but the shop said it would take @ least 10 min. for the retooling to make it worth it. They also said 297.00 was a good price-but I don't want to live on water for 4 Mos. Let me know & thanks. Rob

Colorado1

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »

Pro Glass can make a Lexan formed one for about $200.00(race), yet he suggested the Home Depot route (not to lose Bus.), but because the curve isn't too radical/just mentioning since I did get a PM that others that are looking also. 200 is still more than I bought the whole top for so I'll test it out.

Colorado1

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »

Got a whole hard top but wanted to thank azgtx for the help when I needed it! Rob