General > Build Threads

Pulled motor to do rings and head gasket, and got super carried away! new pics!

<< < (15/15)

Aus Capri:
https://youtu.be/rzDsMyWMOH0

Here is a quick video of a third gear pull with the experimental 2 stage fmu. It runs lean around 20psi then you can see the switch and it runs rich to 30psi at redline and bashes the redline a bit. I'd love to know how much power this is making at the moment! It feels really dodgy though, in the vid you can see I'm fighting it to try and keep it in a straight line.

Aus Capri:
 Hey guys I have removed the above linked video from YouTube as I was getting paranoid it may get me into trouble. Australia has a national max speed limit at 110kph  and I was going a bit faster than that 😂.

I took the car out tonight and gave it its first good 4th gaer pulls on the freeway. 32psi and Afr's around 11 to 11.4. It feels like a giant shot of nos after 20psi it feels awesome!

The clutch is letting it down though, sometimes it holds to redline but a lot of the time it's slipping badly after 20psi and to wind the gear out I need to hit the limiter a few times.

EShepherd:

--- Quote from: Aus Capri on November 03, 2021, 10:43:15 AM --- Hey guys I have removed the above linked video from YouTube as I was getting paranoid it may get me into trouble. Australia has a national max speed limit at 110kph  and I was going a bit faster than that 😂.

I took the car out tonight and gave it its first good 4th gaer pulls on the freeway. 32psi and Afr's around 11 to 11.4. It feels like a giant shot of nos after 20psi it feels awesome!

The clutch is letting it down though, sometimes it holds to redline but a lot of the time it's slipping badly after 20psi and to wind the gear out I need to hit the limiter a few times.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you've got it close to dialed in. Close enough to not be too worried about melting your pistons at least.

Wish you were closer then Australia, I'd loveeeee to go for a ride-along in that thing. Must be an absolute beast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version