TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: DrboB's awesome 94 Capri for sale.  (Read 2378 times)

drbob

• Old-Timer
DrboB's awesome 94 Capri for sale.
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »

That's right folks, I'm selling my toy.  14 years of awesome service.  Custom yellow paint, kick butt stereo, Hard top, CLOTH top, bubble top, newer tires and rims....ect...ect.  There's also provonance, Very special car.

I need to sell the car to pay for air fare for an adventure.

The car is listed on autotrader.com.  price is negotible.

it is a na.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

Ricksservice

• TeamCapri Supporter
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »

I really hate to see you sale her!   Is there no other way?  It just won't be the same without Dr. Bob and his yellow baby girl (toy)....

I am very sad  :(  

I hope and pray something else can be worked out...

Cheryl and the Stone gang
94 XR2 Cobalt Blue
94 XR2 Cobalt Blue
94 NA  Dynamaic White
94 NA  Reef Green

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:08:00 AM »

Breaks my heart also.  

I have been dreaming of taking this trip for decades.  I figure I had better take it before I can't.  The toy will be able to help that happen.  I couldn't imagine a better sendoff for her.  

14 years of faithful service, and still gives people whiplash after all these years.  You can't help but have your eyes drawn to it.  I know that if I am not in the mood for a conversation, I had better not drive the Capri.  People pull up to me at the stoplights, parking lots, friends houses, I have even had someone knock at my door asking what she was. Of course after you have been at the stoplight a little long and your trying to look cool, the heat shield helps keep you humble.

What other car besides a lambo gets you that kind of attention?  Corvettes are common! These are unusual and treasured by their owners.  We even have a Gathering every year where people from across the country come together to celibrate their cars. 11 years strait.  Not many other cars have that, and NONE as inexpensive as this one.  

These types of events are held for the exotic and classics, not for what many call a "piece of crap Capri".  And yet we exist.  Our highest award is "The Polished Turd" (of which my baby has three) and we get stronger every year.  People have started planning vacations around our Gathering.  People from Australia want to come up for the Gathering.

No other car provides that kind of loyalty and perks for it's owners, unless you are spending the huge bucks.  

As Capri owners we are unique, and have unique opportunities, and my car was the catalyst that helped start it all....Four people in a K-Mart parking lot....  She has quite a story to keep telling.  Her new owner would be proud to own her.

As you can tell I'm quite attached to her, and I am really hoping she goes to a good home that knows of her rich heritage, and the impact she made in our history.

Ok I'll admit that sounded a bit pompous, but no one does pompous like DrboB well except for our old lost friend Bill (The Ugly Stripper) "razzamatazzboca" :Zsa Zsa: Gabor. I miss Bill, we always had fun.

So remember to make the time for the Largest Gathering of Capri Convertible Enthusiasts In the WORLD, the 11th Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering is coming up this fall.  Be there, and buy and take my car there.

The Bag-O-Crap keeps getting more legendary each year with your help.  I can't remember what I gave the first year, but I remember the kangaroo nut sack filled with rough semi- precious stones called "The Family Jewels", our second year.  And yes, the new owner of my car will also get a kangaroo nut sack filled with precious gems, and maybe a pair of yellow pants and yellow/red shoes.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?