TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: no spark  (Read 2137 times)

norman

no spark
« on: March 15, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »

I have changed all of the dist. parts, and ing. coil. there is still no spark at all.

chukT

no spark
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

Sounds like you either replaced the bad part with another bad one or didn't find the problem yet. I would check the ignition fuse with a test light first, if that is ok check for power at the coil. You should have constant 12 volts at the coil with the key in the run position and in the start position. If you don't have power in both positions the problem is between the ignition and the coil. If that looks ok put the light on the other coil lead, it should blink or strobe when you are cranking the engine. If the light doesn't blink the problem is something in the distributer or ignition box.

norman

no spark
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 12:38:00 AM »

Originally posted by norman:
I have changed all of the dist. parts, and ing. coil. there is still no spark at all.
I have power at coil but no strob when cranking engine. I can not find Ignition box? Can somebody tell me where it is, and how to check it please.

littlegaygreen

• http://myspace.com/bobbyjbrown
no spark
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »

blue wire under coolent resivoir
93 xr2, cone filter,no cruise,boost gauge,ALL NEW IGNITION AND STILL RUNS LIKE POOPY

\\"\\"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.\\"\\" (STOLEN QUOTE)