TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: No uphill  (Read 3199 times)

Ianiam1

• 91 Capri, 2011 sonata
No uphill
« on: June 11, 2023, 08:12:36 AM »

I have a 91 xr2 turbo that is running ok. The car had no issues getting up to speed as well as engaging the turbo. Just last week while shift to gear the engine revs fine but there is no power in any gear, they all feel like first.
I’m open to any and all suggestions

CapriManxr2

• 1991 Capri XR2
Re: No uphill
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 10:15:29 AM »

Try some basic maintenance first, take a look at the air filter, fuel filter, make sure spark plugs are good. While the car is running place your hand on the coil pack and you can feel it sending the electricity to the distributor. Make sure your bypass valve is running ok, when I had this issue it ended up being piston rings, so might as well check compression. I probably missed some stuff but start on the basics first, air fuel spark.

Ianiam1

• 91 Capri, 2011 sonata
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 12:31:15 PM »

Thank you for a starting point. It almost feels like it has a vacuum leak but I’m not sure that would be an issue with a standard transmission

CapriManxr2

• 1991 Capri XR2
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 02:01:20 PM »

I had a few vacuum leaks in my car, it’s pretty easy to check for it also. All you need is a rubber fitting that goes over your intake piping by the air filter, then you need an air compressor to spray no more than 10PSI into the intake piping, listen for hissing when you do that. I had a vacuum leak where the bypass valve hooks up to the intake manifold.