Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri N/A 89-94

NEED HELP!!!!

(1/2) > >>

Benno77:
ok so driving my 91 around today and haven a ball, was getting up it a bit. i then found my self in the city (as u do) sitting in traffic i relise that my oil pressure is 0 zip. my thinkin was gauge must be fulty i ever have seen 0. so i drive home slowly and steady. half way home when down changing i hear a noise. now this noise is hard to explain ginda a gring but a tapping at the same time. i can only hear when NOt accelerating. My thoughts aare no oil although i can feel a bit of vibration in gear stick and when cluch is in and no acceleration the noise is muffled.

AAny ideas? has been running like a trooper for ages and this to me wasnt good. hahah hit me back.

Benn

Gus Kelley:
Hey Benno! It sounds like you have some serious problems my friend. Check you dipstick to see an bearing material. If not drain your oil into a clean pan and then check that. i'm sure it's lead to a new motor. Including head as the cam bearings are part of the head. Gus.

Benno77:
ok so oil and oil filter change later i still have problem. there is pressure so am thinknin that this problem isnt related to the noise. When engine is under load there is no noise its when i am off throttle there is the noise....

i'm now thinkin CV?? could it be that? i jacked it up and sure enough the rubber bushes are stuffed and there is a lot of gunk around.

my Question before i leap into changing the CV is would i still hear the noise if i am just driveing straight or should there just be a noise when turning.

cheers benn

Gostlrs:
ball joint is turning with a popping sound normally

CV can be straight with the wobble wobble sound normally

Yuri:
check control arms for stress fractures. mine broken and made similar-ish sounds

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version