TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Turbo "banjo" bolt  (Read 3503 times)

huzrddy

Turbo "banjo" bolt
« on: October 15, 2010, 04:50:00 AM »

Alright I will abmit it, I have snapped my damned bolt for the oil cooler line going to the block on my turbo.  Despite many calls to the dealer, they have given me quite the run around telling me they dont have it then they do, sending me litteraly "nuts" instead of any type of bolt.  does any one know the factory part # either in ford/mercury or the mazda #?  I know it is an 88-89 323gtx, but both dealers are stumped meaning I am also lost.  Thanks in advance,
Noah
Nitrous is like a hot bitch with an STD, you want to hit it, but you are scared of the consequences.

sterling94capri

Turbo "banjo" bolt
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »

Have you tried Mid County Mustang? You can't order on line, phone only (800) 358-8081.They have donor cars to,maybe a good used one could.Hope it helps.If you get it together you should join us in Peoria Saturday for the 1st Anual Northern Illinois Cruz(NIC).Rocky

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
Turbo "banjo" bolt
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 06:29:00 AM »

Noah-
I'll see if I can grab one this weekend. There's bound to be one or two laying around......
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

huzrddy

Turbo "banjo" bolt
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »

I would love to make the cruise, but my car is dead and I cant afford to take any more time off of work for a while  :(  
Thanks Russ, I did stop at the dealer today and looked at their blow up diagram.  I pointed and said that is what I need.  he told me thats what they odered and quickly recanted his story when I showed him what looks to be a CV axle nut they sent me.  He said, "wow I guess the warehouse screwed up huh?"  yeah it was the warehouse just order me my bolt please.  In other words, to be safe would be appreciated, but I think the dealer will give the right part this time.
Nitrous is like a hot bitch with an STD, you want to hit it, but you are scared of the consequences.

huzrddy

Turbo "banjo" bolt
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »

Forgot to add, still waiting on the return of my hybrid upgrade from Majestic Turbo.  so yes the beauty is still sitting collecting dust, making me cry everytime I drive by watching her get more leaves and dirt building on her.  Alright I am done now, can't cry in front of all you people  :(

huzrddy

Turbo "banjo" bolt
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »

Had ordered the bolt from the dealer the day this post was originally put up, as of today, there are 16 (yes i got #17) bolt available for a 1989 mazda 323 gtx.  the part # for the bolt is (mazda p/n)b660-14-615  the crush washers are (mazda p/n)9956-21-000.  yes people they are available and with a little bit of luck and waiting (they sent the wrong part on the first 3 tries) I did get my new bolt this afternoon        

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
Turbo "banjo" bolt
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »

I got the oil return line with the bolt if anyone needs it.
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible