TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Wet trunk  (Read 2987 times)

Sparky2009

Wet trunk
« on: January 12, 2010, 03:55:00 AM »

Enjoying my 91. Owned for 6 months. Great condition. Using hardtop currently.
I live in rainy Seattle. I have noticed very little or no leakage through the window seals on the hardtop... but my trunk is constantly damp. Is this a common problem with the Capris?  Anyone have any tips? I can't determine where the water is coming from. Is the softop actually dryer than the hardtop?

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
Wet trunk
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 04:04:00 AM »

The rubber seal around your trunk is probably shot! Check it for cracks/splits/rips. If you find you need a replacement, email me at Cougar1prod@comcast.net.  I have several!

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
Wet trunk
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »

also do you have a wing on it? if so check the mount holes for rust...it could be going in that way as well.
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

RonZee

Wet trunk
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »

More than likely the trunk seal. Mine leaks there too. But there are leaks around the top corners of the front windows. I just park it with the front end a little higher than the back       Works for the trunk but not the windows. I also park it at the house under a "shelter". I found that driving it in the rain, I turn on the a/c or just fresh air and put it in the fresh air mode, not recirculate. With the fan on med or high, it seems to blow OUT the windows keeping me dry.
Speed is a question of money,, how fast do you want to go?