TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Hardtop rear window needed  (Read 2751 times)

Colorado1

Hardtop rear window needed
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »

Sure I'm not the first one but are rear windows available for the hardtop? Anyone have one?

Phillip

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »

Good Luck! Find a crapped out top or get a glass house to make a piece! You could talk to Russ he might provide a new top?

Colorado1

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 04:09:00 AM »

Thanks Phillip, I'm working on it today to figure it out. Might just get a soft top for now & wait for a whole car to come up later. Checking a custom place today. Alot of cars around are Nieghborhood will be. Might need to hit a gun shop while I'm out! Rob

azgtx

• Old-Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »

I can get you one tomorrow if you are serious.

Clay

Colorado1

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »

The only ones I found where on a Capri site for $297.00/wo shipping. How much are you asking? I know it'll be up there & this would put me in a hole for 4 mos. PM me. I looked around yesterday and I may do a project with Lexan. Clearview sells a whole defogger grill kit for $32.00. The total would come to $100.00 & if I go that route it could help a lot of others(as long as I'm careful. @250 times stronger than glass i may never have to worry again. Either that or a soft top since mine is worthless and it would be $100.00 less. My options are open but I have a feeling it'll be up there as it should be. (I bought a lot recently(RM's chip,SSQV,good boost controller,r. shocks & rotors,extra turbo). The whole timing sucks. PM me anyway. It may be possible for Ford to make a run but the shop said it would take @ least 10 min. for the retooling to make it worth it. They also said 297.00 was a good price-but I don't want to live on water for 4 Mos. Let me know & thanks. Rob

Colorado1

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »

Pro Glass can make a Lexan formed one for about $200.00(race), yet he suggested the Home Depot route (not to lose Bus.), but because the curve isn't too radical/just mentioning since I did get a PM that others that are looking also. 200 is still more than I bought the whole top for so I'll test it out.

Colorado1

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »

Got a whole hard top but wanted to thank azgtx for the help when I needed it! Rob