TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Halfshaft spline amount  (Read 2014 times)

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
Halfshaft spline amount
« on: May 27, 2015, 10:45:30 AM »

Has anybody taken the outer CV joint off an XR2 halfshaft and counted the amount of splines? I know the inner CV connects via 25 splines on XR2 halfshafts, but I知 not sure about the outer CV on XR2s.
The N/A痴 have 22 splines on the inner and outer, but are the outer CV on the XR2 the same as the N/A痴 22 spline CV or are they different like the inner CV?

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: Halfshaft spline amount
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:06:40 AM »

The inners on the XR2 are 26 spline.
The outers on all Capri are 24 spline.

I'm not sure what the inners on the N/A trans are, 22 does not sound right.

Are you talking about the splinecount on the axle shaft itself?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
Re: Halfshaft spline amount
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »

I知 aware of the inner and outer driveshaft spline counts on XR2s(26 in and 24 out) and N/As(24 in and 24 out). What I知 asking about are the splines on the axle shafts themselves that go into the CVs when you disassemble the driveshaft like this.

Although this is a pic of a 26 spline shaft from a F2T I plan on using for project GTZ.  I知 curious as to the amount of splines on OEM XR2 shafts are. I know the inbound side of the shaft has 25 splines just like the 80痴 N/A 626s and MX6s, but I知 not sure of the outbound side.