Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri N/A 89-94

94 N/A idles great but feels like rev limit or limp mode on acceleration

<< < (3/9) > >>

NomakeWan:
Where'd you get it from? Sure enough there was an earlier thread about an N/A not revving correctly, and indeed the issue was a bad ignitor followed by bad 'new' ignitors:

http://teamcapri.com/forum/index.php/topic,3545.15.html

JBone:
I got it from eBay and it's a standard motor product.  I tested the coil I took off and it was within the spec that I found for it but it was on the very low end of it.

JBone:
I tested compresson on all 4 cylinders yesterday and had 150 psi at each cylinder. I have also tried a different dizzy which did seem to help but the car just will not rev out. It seems to hit a rev limit right before a shift.

NomakeWan:

--- Quote from: JBone on April 02, 2016, 03:35:50 PM ---I got it from eBay and it's a standard motor product.  I tested the coil I took off and it was within the spec that I found for it but it was on the very low end of it.

--- End quote ---
According to the other thread, the cheaper of the two ignitors (that is, the Standard Motor Products) did not work, and the more expensive (Airtex/Wells) did.

JBone:
I preformed a quick test for the IDM yesterday that said to check the ground for the ignition control module and the test that I did (that is if I did it correctly) said to service the ground wire. The manual says that the yellow/blue wire is the ground for the imc. Can any one confirm which wire is the ground from the plug on top of the dizzy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version