Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

A Treatise on Turbo Upgrades

<< < (7/8) > >>

greywolf27030:
BP Performance posted today a dyno chart on a 92 Miata B6 with a Chinese turbo kit.  The car has 180K and no other modifications, they got 216hp and 202tq on chassis dyno with 11-12 psi of boost.  They show a chart on their FB page. It shows like 200hp all the way to 7K.

Jack Byrd

rls120:
Thanks!

Non interference is great news.   I don't mind if it leaves me walking, but I didn't want to destroy it.

Skunkwrkz:
Ok, So who's competent nowadays in marrying the The VJ11/Tbird hybrid? Back when I was tuning MKI MX6GT's, there was a user SixSick6 I think, that worked at a turbo shop in Cali and sold these.

Rocketman:

--- Quote from: Skunkwrkz on October 30, 2018, 01:29:27 PM ---SixSick6

--- End quote ---
Now there is a name I haven't heard in years!

No idea on any current turbo rebuilders.

On my turbos I have used the whole CHRA and adapted the oil & coolant fittings, as opposed to breaking them apart to hybridize them, so as not to disturb the balance
The 16T upgraded 11/tbird I put together without balancing and had some issues with it, I'm unsure of the cause though, could have been a bad CHRA to begin with.

Skunkwrkz:
Even further back than that, I was on the MX6 yahoo group before MX6.com. There was a guy who was a tuner in Orlando that first told me about the VJ11/Tbird. Supposedly, this hybrid is the same trim and specs as the Ferrari F40 right side IHI turbo. Just thought that was a cool thing to note that some may not be aware of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version