TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: CV Boots from 323  (Read 2013 times)

crshbndct

• None till tomorrow
CV Boots from 323
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:54:23 PM »

Am I correct in thinking that the CV boots from a 1600 B6T DOHC Turbo BF Familia/323(Model Code BFMP) will fit the Capri Turbo?

I am asking because I need to change mine, and the parts shops don't list any capri stuff, or it has the same part numbers as Mazda stuff but is 3x the price.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:00:06 PM by crshbndct »

CapriXR2

Re: CV Boots from 323
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 08:19:07 PM »

It is the same chassis I dont see why It would be a different part. Try cross referencing the part #s, If they are different stick with the capri parts. I got my CV axles through Oreillys when I worked there. I had to special order them for the XR2.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: CV Boots from 323
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »

New Zealand may be a different animal with aftermarket, but we can still get inexpensive rebuilt/new axles here for the XR2. Yes, they're the same as the 88/89 mazda 323 GT (you're right it has to be the turbo FWD sedan, awd is different & sohc/nonturbo are different)

Some newer Kias use an interchangeable axle on the driverside, but the passenger side lacks the intermediate shaft.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"