TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Possible limits of a rocketchip ecu?  (Read 2277 times)

biglady112

Possible limits of a rocketchip ecu?
« on: November 06, 2008, 04:53:00 PM »

Hey rocketman. How far have you gone in testing with the XR2 and 323 ecus? I am not looking to make three or four hundered horsepower here, nor am I wanting to go to a mega squirt or haltech ecu. I use dsmlink in my colt. It uses an eprom ecu. I can change my tune as many times I need to without removing anything from the ecu.

There are some programs(old tech) that you can burn chips for the ecu for a specific tune. But to change them you have to reburn them. And I need to note, that not all DSM's came with a eproms.

So back to my point. With the tools and knowledge my friends and I have, there is no reason that we couldn't rig up a manifold and run say a volvo T3 or something from the junkyard. After all the reading, I just don't think I would be satisfied with any of the small turbos and hybrids you guys throw on your cars. Coming from dsms, I am spoiled with both the sizes and selection of turbos I have.

Have you ever toyed with any E85 burns? It is very easy to come by around here. And I run it in the colt. It is the only fuel we locals even consider for a street car. Even though my colt is not driven anymore.

How far do you think your burns are capable of going? 175hp? 225hp? 250hp? I would think getting up around 175-200 would be all that I would need to haul my ass back and forth to work.

The honda is nice, but has gotten rather boring.

Steven
Mary Kay- Project 200mph

biglady112

Possible limits of a rocketchip ecu?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »

I have another question as well. What program do you use to write these chips? And possibly what burner?
Mary Kay- Project 200mph