TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: No Start, Head Unit Failure, and Cupholders  (Read 1825 times)

rcdraco

No Start, Head Unit Failure, and Cupholders
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »

Recently I got a new distributor for my capri, AGAIN.  Had it cranking, and it would kick pretty hard, but not enough to start.  Day after I assume the module as failed, because it doesn't kick at all.

When my stereo is on, the front right speaker buzzes extremely loud, even with volume at 0 until I actually turn the unit off.  The headunit itself displays FAILURE across the screen, then mutes out the noise somehow.

And I went into a junkyard recently and found a cupholder/coin slot from a sable, I tried installing it on the lower slot and it hits the shifter.  I put it on the upper and it doesn't come out far enough to make it past the plastic trim.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »

Do you want me to come down and help you troubleshoot?

Stock headunit? Aftermarket?

The DIN - style cupholders were never installed on the manual transmission capris because it hits the shifter. Someone made a "CUPRi" that fits in the passenger side cubby tray area, but that was years ago. I've only seen one example of that in person. Check the Yahoo! board, someone might have an extra one floating around.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

rcdraco

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »

I think it's a voltage issue somewhere, but I can't seem to locate anyone who has the breakout box to help me out.  The other problem is that a new module will make it kick, but within 5 minutes of trying to crank it the module gets fried.

Head unit is aftermarket, cupholder is the DIN style.