Classifieds > Capri Parts

Looking for hardtop bolts+tools

(1/2) > >>

91sheila:
I have a 1991 mercury capri that i purchased with a hardtop that was not installed on the car because it was kept in storage during the cars lifespan so it has the cloth cover and the little rolling stand for storage however it lacks the bolts/tools to install it on the car. So I am looking for somebody selling the bolts/tools that should fit with the car or maybe if anyone knows it the part number for that so I can try to deepen my search for the part needed.

greywolf27030:
You can get aftermarket rachets to help with the install. The original Ford parts weren't very good anyway. You should get some response on the bolts. If you don't, I may have a couple somewhere. There should be three attached to the top with clips.

91sheila:
yeah the bolts are supposed to stay attached to the top but the woman who owned the car for the majority of it's lifespan took them out for storage for some reason and lost them sometime over the years because she never installed the hardtop. but if you or anybody else has a set of bolts I'd love to buy them.

greywolf27030:
I only have a a couple at most. You might try the 1991-1994 Mercury Capri Owners Group on Facebook.

91sheila:
I joined the Facebook page for our gen. of Capri owners however I'm still having trouble finding bolts there as well some mentioned being able to purchase the same kind of bolts at the hardware store. I went to the Lowe's near me but they were only able to show me some bolts that didn't look right at all and weren't really strong enough for automotive applications. Do you or any other members have an idea of where to go and what exactly to ask for to try to find these bolts elsewhere? I'm also willing to go to a pick-and-pull junkyard somewhere in the Maryland area if anyone knows of a place that has Capri's in the yard.    ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version