TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Yuri Demands....  (Read 3892 times)

Yuri

• Old-Timer
Yuri Demands....
« on: July 08, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »

Yuri demands that everybody routinely checks their lug nuts... make sure they are on and tight... i shall not say why i'm saying this now... i'm pretty sure it's self-explanatory.

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
Yuri Demands....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »

10-4 grant...
yes check that frequently ...
goes without saying really ...

actually, i put new tires on my car today...
 i figured if im gonna drive 300 miles each way... i cant trust the bald khumos any more...

i got a set of 205 40 zr16 BFGoodrich G force sports... so far i really like em but ive had them for one day ....
i liked the kumho 711 but i can tell already that the Gforce sports are a grippier tire...

ill say more after ive put the 600 miles on em...

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
Yuri Demands....
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »

ya know, that reminds me of.. Bryan forgetting to hook the tie rod up on the left front wheel on the festiva we built.. and then he decided to go for a (quick spin) in the car.... his front wheel drove itself into the front bumper at about 10 mph. and came to a surprisingly slow stop... smoking the crap out of a 17in wheel with 40 series rubber right sideways, in the front of the car ...OMG that was funny.....cause noone got hurt...

220hp@18psi

Yuri

• Old-Timer
Yuri Demands....
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »

i too have bald khumos.., I told my dad in spring that i needed new tires... he didn't believe me. now that he's actually bothered to look at them, he won't shut up about it... but i don't see him handing over his credit card for me to get new ones.

yen

Yuri Demands....
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »

Once I had noticed that I had a lug nut missing from my front driver side wheel. Upon closer inspection it was not only the nut missing, the thread was gone too! Snapped off clean. Had to get a new one installed.
The new Kumho tyres I have on are pretty good, softer and I think fatter than my previous tyre even though they are both 205/45/16 size. Not as sporty though, omnidirectional tread.  
I had cheap and nasty tyres on before, anything would have been an upgrade.
1990 Ford Capri
1.6L SOHC

Yuri

• Old-Timer
Yuri Demands....
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 12:50:00 AM »

ya, i noticed that a lug nut had fallen off because the wheel was making a strange bearing-sounds-dead thump-thump-thump... but not as loud