TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: 10th Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering  (Read 40343 times)

blue93

10th Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 01:51:00 AM »

I think all you can do is to keep bugging people to pony up.  A lot of people will make it their first-time showing because anyone with a Capri knows this is the largest event of its kind AND, it is now 10 years old.  Some others you haven't made it for the last few will be back for the same reason.

If we have 20 this far out, I bet we break the record.  Cheryl will know for sure, but I think the record was 35 in Medaryville with the Potato Festival.  If that is true, then we are halfway there.  We simply have to keep spreading the word!
Mark
Stratosphere Blue \\\'93 NA 5sp
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2
Camellia Red Pearl \\\'10 Subaru Forester 5sp

Buckeye Sue

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2011, 06:29:00 AM »

Wish we were able to make it!!! It sounds like fun. But we will be on our way back from North Carolina on the 13th of August. If the twins keep the car in good shape and haven't killed it by next year maybe we can make it then!!

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2011, 02:58:00 AM »

I have been informed by George (itsmeisatu) our button maker extrodinare; that everyone who registers by July 15th will have a button with their name and TeamCapri or Yahoo Groups ID personally made for them.

Big shout out for George who has been making our buttons for the last 8 or 9 years.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

blue93

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »

Yes, thanks George!  George has been a rock in this organization for as long as I have been attending.  I can say that I have known him through several Capris.
Mark
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2

huzrddy

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »

Alright I do have the final go ahead.  My local game extrodiair (i know my spelling sucks) and we do have kangaroo meat if interested.  please call me cell or text as I am not on hear much and let me know if you are interested (815)714-3104.  The name is Noah and it will either have to be burgers or a kangaroo roast.  the problem is someone needs to bring a grill or coal or something, and kangaroo is an expensive meat (about $17.95 a lb) hopefully we can get something going!!
Nitrous is like a hot bitch with an STD, you want to hit it, but you are scared of the consequences.

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »

We will have a large grill.  Come on folks, lets get the registrations in.  We need more people.  Oh and please don't forget to pay.  Thanks.

The money is needed for shirts, food, park rental, misc stuff and cruise night parking.

If you would like to order just a t-shirt, we will be accepting orders.  Just fill out the registration form and under the "Mods" comments section please type in "T-Shirt Only".  Shipping will be $4.  I have no clue what International shipping will be.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

rcdraco

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »

I may be there if I can get my car in one piece, and keep it running the whole trip.  

blue93

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2011, 02:46:00 AM »

This is #10! It's got to mean something to anyone who owns an Capri and especially, to anyone that has ever attended a gathering before. You know who you are! Those of you Capri owners who have never been, well, what a great
opportunity to make an entrance, hobnob, find parts. What are you waiting for?

Get registered and get your registration money in today by mail or paypal. The
site is here: http://www.caprigathering.com/

Plan it as an event on the way to your Summer vacation or, make it your summer vacation - Chicago is just down the road!

It will be the most fun you can have with your Capri (with your clothes on), so plan to be there on August 13 in Freeport, IL.

Just the sight of that many Capris all in one place will bring a tear to your compact-touring-car-loving eye. So throw down, ladies and gents, throw down!

I, personally, have registered and paid for 2 cars and will be bringing additional special gifts! Please be there!
Mark
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2011, 03:46:00 AM »

Since this is your gathering, let me know some things you would like to do.  Lets work together to make this the greatest gathering yet.

If I get no ideas, I don't want to hear people complain there was nothing to do.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »

So far we have 26 registrations with around 30 cars.  That is awesome.  I have received 6 payments, that is not awesome.  ha ha.  I will need the money by the 15th so I can pay for t-shirts and other needed stuff.

For those who just want to order t-shirts, please get your order in by the 15th of July.  Thanks.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Colorado1

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »

Wish I could but with 173,000 on it I may never be able to meet you guys out east. Been away from T-Capri awhile. Mom lived through 3 heart attacks and 2 comas last 3 mos. From a bad operation. What a freaking mess. Grateful for something is better than disappointing for not doing something else-the gathering. Have fun & drive as safely fast as possible always. I do!!! Rob

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2011, 03:17:00 AM »

The 10th Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering is only a month and a half away.

15 days to get your paid registrations in.  Please folks, lets get cracking.  With only 8 paid so far I will not be able to purchase the t-shirts.  Remember, all who have paid by the 15th will have their own personalized buttons, a t-shirt guarenteed to be in their size, and the thanks of everyone attending.

For those of you who wish to just order a t-shirt, please get your requests in.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

sterling94capri

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2011, 04:25:00 AM »

Paypal on the way Dr. Bob,can't wait to see everyone and their cars!If you have registered you need to be PAYING by about now.Rocky

Heavensheros

• Old-Timer
    • http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685897/1
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »

come on guys !!! WE NEED MORE CARS AND MOAR PAYMENTS !!! LETS MAKE THIS THE LARGEST GATHERING AND GET THESE CARS BACK ON THE MAP !!
1992 Capri XR2
RocketMan VAF adaptor
Accel wires
Irundium IX
2.5\\" Thrush exauhst
Rocket Chip
Rims
H&R Lowering Springs
Tuner FX Racing seats
Gauges w/ A-pillar gauge pods
Accel superstock coil
FMIC

Captain

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/capritain
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »

Could member just show up if they decided to?  I know I would really like to attend, but with 2 toddlers my schedule is never committed.  Also, don't know if I can finalize my car before then.
You can check out my progress at cardomain id Capritain. 2 hrs a day all weekend to the family.
91 Mercury Capri
Capritain @ Cardomain.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10