General > Build Threads

'91 Capri XR-2 Resto-Mod

<< < (57/96) > >>

Rocketman:
The non-ac belt runs to just the power steering pump. That's it. Still need the Vee belt to run the alternator & water pump.

greywolf27030:

--- Quote from: EShepherd on November 29, 2021, 06:46:29 PM ---Care to elaborate on that?

--- End quote ---

lol.....you still need one for the alternator/water pump

EShepherd:
Just a heads up guys, I've started the tear-down on the distributor. It's tricky to get the time to do it at work, and even when I do find the time, making space is another issue. I dumped some customer's transfer case guts onto the floor today so I could have space on my work bench to play with it. The screws holding all the little bits of the thing together, they sure don't like coming apart after 31 years. They prefer to strip out and then be extremely stuck. if anyone has plans to rebuild theirs, I strongly suggest a good set of left handed drill bits and screw extractors. I've had to extract 3 of the screws so far, and I only have it half way apart.

It's slow going, but once I'm done it will hopefully have been worthwhile. There are definitely parts in there that I should replace, that I don't have. I bought all the distributor parts listed for our cars on Rock Auto, so I'll be hunting down all the other stuff once its all torn down. All of the screws, for starters....  ::)

greywolf27030:
Wow, when looking for parts, don't forget the 323GT. That's an ambitious project. Love someone is taking an interest in these cars.

EShepherd:
Hey guys, I've made a fair amount of progress. The distributor is re-built and on the engine (hopefully in the correct orientation). The power steering pump and alternator are also both on the engine. New serpentine belts are on their way. I'll be bringing home my impact gun tomorrow from work so I can "torque" down the crank pully. With lock-tite. To my personal spec of "super friggin tight". There's really not much left for me to do until I get the transmission. I plan to push the car into the garage, so I can install the ECM, and start routing the wiring harness.

The one big issue looming over me still, is all the vacuum, coolant, and oil lines. The stuff coming off the turbo, oil pan, throttle body, valve cover, and especially the intake manifold. I can't find a diagram in the service manual of what goes where. I have some pictures from before I took everything apart, but I can't get a clear idea of what goes where. I plan to buy spools of the correct diameter hoses, and new clamps, so I don't have to re-use these old nasty hoses. The problem is that I don't know for sure what goes where. Can anyone point me to a resource that would help clear this up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version