General > Build Threads

'91 Capri XR-2 Resto-Mod

<< < (55/96) > >>

EShepherd:
 I did manage to separate the water pump outlet from the metal tubing that attached to it today at work. I might have melted the o-ring that is apparently in there, but hell...I've got no shortage of those. I was able to clean it up, and should be able to sneak it behind the exhaust manifold to re-install it without having to pull the whole turbo manifold back off. Hooray.

My next problem is the multitude of hoses and shit coming off the engine, exhaust, and intake manifold. It's a big old rats nest of rubber lines, and I'm not super sure where half of it goes. Should be a fun project. At least once I know it's all routed correctly, it'll be easy enough to replace all the 30+ year old rubber now.

EShepherd:
I was going through my boxes of parts, and looking at what I have left I can do to the engine before I get the transmission, and I came across my very nasty distributor. Holy crap guys, replacement dizzy's are EXPENSIVE. So, I ordered some stuff to rebuild it. I already have a box with new spark plug wires. I'm pretty confident I have a new O-Ring for it in my master engine rebuild gasket set. So I ordered a cap, rotor, ignition coil, and pickup coil. All of that stuff should be here next Thursday. Maybe I'll do a write-up on how to rebuild the distributors, like I did with porting the wastegate. New ones are expensive, and very likely in short supply. Likewise, the knowledge on how to rebuild a distributor is probably on it's way to being lost to time. It may be a good addition to the community here.

greywolf27030:
Yeah, before long all anyone will know is how to plug it in....lol

EShepherd:

--- Quote from: greywolf27030 on November 25, 2021, 08:26:40 AM ---Yeah, before long all anyone will know is how to plug it in....lol

--- End quote ---

I actually just had to order a small little 2-jaw puller to take the thing apart. I don't have one small enough to feel comfortable using it on the distributor lol

greywolf27030:
In addition to the brake master cylinder we need to work out a replacement for the distributor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version