Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Engine & Drivetrain Swaps

Has there ever been an attempt for a V8?

(1/2) > >>

LGCapri:
I know LS swaps are over played and everything, but the roar of a V8 still calls to me. I've seen people make LS4 swap kits for FWD applications like our Capri's, that come with the transmission from an Impala SS or similar model. I've got a few questions: Is it even possible, and how many things in the engine bay would have to be moved around. I can't wait to see the discussion below on this one haha

greywolf27030:
The strut towers are too close together, the FWD LS is a very wide package, you could make a really wide Capri.

Jack Byrd

LGCapri:
I can't even imagine a wide body capri, might be a fun project one day lol

chukT:
With a welder, tubing bender, skills and imagination.........

Rocketman:
FWD V8 would be nearly impossible I think. Everything's just too wide. The one feasible option might be the Northstar V8. Look up the TOYSTAR, it's a Toyota MR2 with a northstar swap.
The Mazda KL v6 is a fairly compact package and *just* barely fits into the engine bay.

The first parts car I bought was a wrecked Capri, the owner had bought it to swap a 5.0 or similar V8 into it with supporting RWD chassis mods, but decided it was far too much work.
As always with unlimited time, money, and fabrication skills just about anything is possible. Someone's done a mopar Hellcat Miata already.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version