Classifieds > Capri Parts

WTB Radiator to fit 91 Xr2

<< < (2/3) > >>

belleaudb:
This is the 3 row radiator I put in my 92 XR2.

You will NEVER overheat with this radiator:

https://www.oplautoparts.com/product-page/hpr059-ford-capri-89-95-3-row

Incubus828:
Looks like that one and the one Rocket mentioned earlier are one and the same!  I'm pumped!

Quick question, does the stock cooling fan attach normally to this radiator or do I need to get a new one?

Rocketman:
Thats interesting. The Genesis radiators were $75 or so when they were around. Couldn't beat that deal. Thoses prices are more in line with what I would expect an aluminum radiator to go for.

There are small tabs & bosses welded to the radiator that the fan will bolt to.

Incubus828:
Awesome! Anything special I need to know before I remove the old radiator?

Skunkwrkz:

--- Quote from: Incubus828 on October 04, 2018, 11:54:40 AM ---Sorry for the long wait on response.

I'm probably going to go with the radiator from amazon since its just a bit cheaper.  At this point we are already looking at quite a chunk of change to fix the car so every dollar I can save (with reason) counts  :P

Random question (and I can make a new post about it if I need to): is there a place to buy braided steel brake lines that fit the Capri's?  Or would the braided lines that I can buy for a Miata fit? One of the brake lines just went out (hooray) and I figured I would just go ahead and replace all of the lines while I was at it. I know that the braided lines are mostly for if we want to race the car but I feel like they might last a little longer and since my fiancé primarily drives the Xr2 I want to keep it as safe as I can.

--- End quote ---

So this is a bit off topic, but I believe the SS lines from the Mazda 323 BF GTX, GT 1.6L Turbo 1985-1989 will fit. I have not bought them yet but since we shared so many parts with the BF 323's. My reasoning is that the GTX shares our 4 wheel disc setup and from the pics I have seen, they appear to be the same fittings and lines in the pics I have been able to find for reference. That said, I am finally going to order a set this weekend from OZ and find out. I will let you know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version