Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Brakes/Suspension/Tires/Wheels

Rubbing tires on stock suspension????

(1/8) > >>

rich:
I'm looking to replace the crappy BICYCLE wheels that Mercury decided would be fine for a 2,500lb car....

So, what combinations will work on the stock suspension and what combos will be a definite "No-No"?

I was hoping to get away with 16 X 7" wheels and then running 225/45 R16's.  I fear that either the wheel or the tires will rub when going over bumps or turning....  Anyone running 16's on stock?  Feedback?

If that's too big, can I get away with 15X6.5" rims and 205's or should I go with the 195/50 R 15's???

Any feedback is MUCH appreciated.  It looks like the suspension in the rear is SO close to the tires that it'll slash anything of decent size I though on there.

I don't wanna be "BLING-BLINGIN" with 20's or anything tacky, I just want better handling/more comfort.

STE_6000:
15's are good. Also increase the 14's tires to 195/50/14 will give you little more tire width.

tru:
The 225/45 R16's wont work I tried them. I am using 15 x6.5 34mm offset (94 300Z) with 195 50 15

Capri_chick:
Sorry he actually meant 205/45/16s...we tried the 205/50/16s...no dice! I can't believe DTD actually sold them to us, ugh! We are now running 205/50/15s, and are very happy with them. although the wheel gap is still horrendous and fugly    If we don't try and save for a 300zx vert or something else, we may lower her in the future. Not sure though...

Paul G.:
You can fit 17's on the capri. I did! I just mounted a set of 17x7 38mm offset fondmetal rims with 205/40/17 Nankang NS-1 HR rated Radials. They fit like a glove,and make the car stick to the road. There is no rubbing or suspension problems. The fitment on the rear is very close though. I will post a pic as soon as I can take a few. The rims and tires were bought at Discount tire/America's Tire Co.'s website. http://www.tire.com
Hope this helps a few with what can be ran on the capri!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version