TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Coilover suspension upgrades  (Read 2762 times)

Micahlc

• 1993 ford Capri xr2 (non-turbo)
Coilover suspension upgrades
« on: November 24, 2023, 04:03:30 PM »

I’ve got a 1993 Capri xr2 non turbo. I’ve been trying to find some coil overs to replace the stock but I’m unable to find any marketed at the Capri. I’d  be ideally looking after some with an adjustable camber caster plate. Does anyone know if there’s are seller for Capri coil overs, or if any other ones are compatible with my model?
Thank you

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Coilover suspension upgrades
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 04:11:19 PM »

Our FB group had some custom made but they are all gone now. Some members have cut up their stock struts, and added a coilover kit but this doesn't give you camber plates. Check Summit Racing for the kits.
Jack Byrd

Micahlc

• 1993 ford Capri xr2 (non-turbo)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 08:47:03 PM »

Our FB group had some custom made but they are all gone now. Some members have cut up their stock struts, and added a coilover kit but this doesn't give you camber plates. Check Summit Racing for the kits.

Any idea what the part number/s for the kit is?

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 08:54:35 AM »

No sorry. You get the threaded sleeve, the big nuts, the coil plates and of course the springs which are sold separately. Go to the Ford Festiva group. That is a common mod on those cars.
Jack Byrd