TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: correct spark plug gap  (Read 5489 times)

cj cooley

correct spark plug gap
« on: May 06, 2011, 03:51:00 AM »

guys i just realized there is alot of conflicting info on the correct spark plug gap and i was wondering what you would recomend. car book says 0.39-o.40 or 1- 1.1 mm but i have seen posts stating 0.23 is the best so i am hoping to hear what works best for you? thanks

Colorado1

correct spark plug gap
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »

I tried the book and it didn't run good @ all. I found CapriTypeR(Russ) mention .23ish & it was a world of difference. After I passed that advice on to someone else they Really liked the difference. Give it a try & you'll probably notice it as well. No idea how he came about it but sticking with the moderators advice has done wonders.

cj cooley

correct spark plug gap
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »

thanks for the advice. i made the mistake of trusting the book and i had the gap almost twice as wide as needed, weakening my spark and wetting my plugs. i wasnt noticing a terrible lack of power but when i idled for awhile or motored at lower rpms it seemed to hesitate a little(like a fouled plug) until i got the rpms up for awhile. i am glad i noticed the post when you suggested the tighter gap. thanks again

Snigalfriz

• 1991 NA Capri
correct spark plug gap
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »

Is this for both N/A and Turbo?
Why? I have more time than money, that's why I work on this car!

1991 Mercury Capri 5-sp
1992 Mercury Capri 5-sp swap
1999 Ford Contour SE 24v v6
2003 Lincoln LS
2007 Saturn Outlook XE AWD
2014 Chevy Cruze LT